Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ramblings


I am not a very good blogger. I have had many interesting things happen lately and I think about blogging. Now the only reason I am blogging is because my daughter has 8 girls over for a sleepover and it is 1:15am and only 3 of the girls are asleep. Pray they sleep in tomorrow. The first thing I should tell you is about the snake we had in our yard. Of course Troy and Austin thought we should keep it as a pet but I told them they were both going to have to move out. They changed their minds fast after we figured out that baby rattle snakes don't have their rattles but are just as poisonous as adult ones. To this day we are unsure if it was a rattle snake or only a bull snake (they are very similar in markings the only BIG difference is that one of them can kill you). So we sent in on its way (I will not put in writing how). Then a week later we heard about a lady on our street who called the police to come and remove a rattle snake. He captured it in a bucket and when he went to let it go it bit him. Then he drove to get help he passed out and high planed his police car near the golf course. The good news is that some golfers helped him and the doctors said it was a good that he came in because they found some much bigger issues (can't be too good if it is bigger issues than getting bit by a rattle snake). So let me tell you it was really fun weeding my yard today thinking about all that as I put my hand into a huge thatch of weeds. I really don't enjoy yard work--I would rather clean a bathroom.

I should also tell about my wonderful birthday. Thanks to everyone who made it so wonderful. I think I celebrated for about a month. I had the surprise party, the fun trip to Utah and then came home and kept celebrating till just a few days ago. I think when I turn 50 I am going to celebrate for a whole year. Troy is glad that it is 10 years away.

I got a new calling at church and I get to work with the young women. I am very excited. I love working with the young women--what a fun age--when your deciding just who you want to be.

The last thing I should discuss was how someone broke into a neighbors house the other day. What an awful feeling. I feel so bad for them and I think I am getting a little paranoid. I have already talked with Troy about some precautions that I think we should take. The one nice thing is that Troy is not traveling to Dallas anymore and he is working from home (or should I say will hopefully be working from home soon).

Well I am off to try and sleep. I don't think I can stay up for the whole movie that the girls just put on. I just hope they are all not extremely grumpy tomorrow. Only time will tell--who am I kidding of course they will be grumpy tomorrow. I hope I am not grumpy tomorrow. Goodnight or should I say goodmorning.

2 comments:

Marci said...

YEAH, you finally updated I am so very proud of you!

kellyguymon said...

That is one good looking snake. The way to tell if it's a baby rattle snake, is if it has a bud on its tail - they are also more venomous than the adult snakes. Who is going ot get that close to check if it has a bud though huh? Who exactly was brave enough to catch it? I would be 100 feet away, yelling.